Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Domino's Pizza Part 2 - Still BETTER

I hate doing a follow up to the Domino's post so quickly, but they've done something that warrants it (and not just as a comment on my last post). In the mail today, I received a letter from the Manager of Domino's Store Operations thanking me for being a great customer. Also enclosed was a little card entitling me to a free pizza with no strings attached. This is likely about a $7 value. Not much, but it is the gesture that really matters here.

This is just really good, personalized service. I didn't have to join a loyalty program at Domino's to get this service. Yes, I saved a profile online so that I could order pizzas over the internet, but that's it. Domino's figured out based on my order history that I am a regular customer and acted upon that in a very localized way. I'm not naive. I know it likely was a form letter churned out to all customers matching a certain segment. That doesn't really matter.

What does matter is that I got something personalized, that reflects my wants. It's not just another newspaper insert or mass mailer. Further, the Manager of Store Operations included his cell number in case I had anything to say as well as a special e-mail address to write to with comments. That's bold service.

All in all, this was a perfectly executed marketing campaign. Domino's Pizza has amazingly earned another BETTER.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also a "Domino's MVP" and received a free pizza from Domino's (no strings attached) as a thank you for being a loyal customer. Finally, there is a company that understands great service and rewarding their best customers. Belive me when I say, that they've got me as a customer for life!

    ReplyDelete