Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fisher Price - BETTER


Last year, we bought our son the Fisher Price Smart Cycle. This is essentially a stationary bicycle that plugs into the television. In order to progress in the game (often a road, with graphics similar to the ancient Enduro...) the child needs to pedal the bicycle. The faster he/she pedals, the faster the game play. In addition, the child does need to steer as well.

Long story short, one of the pedals never quite worked right. It just wouldn't fit into the cranks the right way and would always fall out. So we basically had a one pedal bicycle which as you can imagine was useless. It sat in the corner unused for about 11 months.

As I was about cart this very large toy out to the dumpster, I was met with some very sad faces. I put it back in the corner and decided to make a call to Fisher Price, which I thought would amount to nothing. I spoke to a very nice woman and asked her if she had ever heard of my particular problem. She said that she had, but not in a long time. Once I gave her the serial number, she acknowledged that my Smart Cycle was one of the older ones that was prone to this issue.

(Actually, there must be lots of pedal issues still, since they have a special page explaining the assembly.)

What she told me next shocked me. She told me to cut the wire off the Smart Cycle that connects to the TV and mail it in to Fisher Price. Once they got it, they would send me a new Smart Cycle. She e-mailed me the shipping label and the instructions and having done what she asked, I received a brand new Smart Cycle in the mail this week. My son is obviously very happy.

Fisher Price, for great customer service, gets a BETTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment