Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ronnie's Bagels - BITTER

Ronnie's Bagels has a couple of location in norther New Jersey. Apparently, they have been voted the best bagels in NJ. As far as service goes, hell to the no.

I should say that historically, I really like the food at Ronnie's. They seem to take a long time to make everything, but they take the sting out by having free bagel chunks for you to snack on. My biggest beef is that they seem to operate against the customer. Here's what I mean.

A few months ago, I was in there and they had signs up around the place advertising a free beverage with any sandwich (or something like that). I ordered the sandwich and then when it came time to pay they cashier said nothing about my free drink. When I asked about it the reaction was like "Oh, yeah. You do get that. You know we've got to make you ask for it. We can't just give it to everyone." Say what now? Of course you can give it to everyone. That's why you are running the promo!

Same thing happened to me this weekend. I went it for my regular meal and saw the following ad all over:


Of course, when I was rung up, guess what? No discount. I didn't even bother asking for it this time. They can keep my dollar but it is the last one they are getting.

On top of that, Ronnie's did another thing I can't stand. They raised the prices AND cut the food portions. I know I've ranted about food portions that are too large before, but when you take a normal sized sandwich and noticeably cut the meat by 50% or more, I take issue. Also, Ronnie's no longer gives you a side of macaroni or any other salad with your order. Come on now. I'm paying $9 for a sandwich. Throw in the darn 4 ounce tub of macaroni salad.

Like I said, I doubt I'll be going back to Ronnie's anytime soon. For poor service, a scam artists mentality, and sticking it to the customer on price, Ronnie's Bagels gets a BITTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment