Friday, June 3, 2011

Dunkin Donuts - Free Order Scam - Bitter

So Dunkin Donuts has a sign that reads something to the effect of "If you do not receive an accurately priced receipt, your order is free." I noticed that the register worker was going so fast that he was not handing any receipt at all to anyone. When I did not receive my receipt I asked about the deal for my order to be free and if I should be getting my money back. I was told that the sign only applies if you actually get a receipt. That's total bull. They simply use the sign as a marketing gimmick knowing that no one will challenge it because of the same reason they aren't giving out the receipts. Everyone at Dunkin Donuts is in a rush. Anyway, I just thought I would point out this ridiculous practice.

For that, Dunkin Donuts gets a BITTER.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing this out, and I totally agree with you. I just ran into this issue yesterday. Didn't get a receipt with my order and I had to ask for one and then also asked to speak to the manager. Of course, the manager wasn't at the location at the time. I called this morning to speak with the manager and was told this "free order" only applies if the receipt is inaccurate. So I questioned further, "If I don't get a receipt, then how do I know it's inaccurte." She replied "Good point." Exactly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point. Sma ething happen to me they don't want to adhere. In my experiance today the manager wanted to know if my order was correct and it was. However I did not get the receipt and the sign says free with no receipt not free if your order is wrong. Needless to say I never got my money back. I feel I could have been a little more pushing to get results but did't feel like arguing and I shouldn't have to either !

      Delete
  2. Same thing happened to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten my order free on several occasions from several different stores. I just got a free Turkey Sandwich because I didn't receive a receipt. The manager refunded my money after asking the person that was working the window if she had asked if I wanted a receipt and she replied "No."

    Another time they missed an item that I had ordered (It was repeated back by the employee). I paid for part of the order with my debit card and when I mentioned the missing item she wanted my card back to charge me for that separately. I refused citing the accurate receipt sign and I got everything free from the manager.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went into DD next to my job. I won't lie there was a line however that doesn't mean you have to rush orders. So anyways I left after ordering my food and noticed she charged me almost $3.00 for orange juice and it said SIMPLY ORANGE when mine was Minute Maid, so I went back and noticed the SIMPLY Orange was bigger and I said to the cashier "You charged me for the wrong one" she said "No they are all the same" I was like wow she can at least apologize and give me the difference so I quickly pointed to the FREE ORDER ad on top of the counter and demanded my money back. The manager came and said "Please mam you are a regular customer" I said "No that is no excuse" and very angry went and gave me my $7.00 back.

    ReplyDelete