Monday, January 12, 2009

Macaroni Grill Curbside To Go - BITTER


So I call up the local Macaroni Grill for an easy dinner (their food is actually really great as takeout) and when I am on the phone placing the order, I ask for a child's Spaghetti and Meatballs and the question I get asked is this:

"That comes with a drink and a desert. Do you want those?"

This hits me as a very odd question to ask. Do I want everything I'm paying for? What do you think? Of course, I just said, "Yes," and finished ordering. 

I just find it particularly strange that instead of simply presenting me with my options for the drink and desert, the Macaroni Grill has its people basically encouraging patrons to not take what they've paid for.

On previous occassions, I wasn't even told that the food came with the additional items and at least once I requested it, didn't receive it when I picked up the food, and then had the employee give me a look when I asked for it.

I love their food, but Macaroni Grill Curbside To Go gets a BITTER.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I've experienced this, too!! I do love their food, but it is unnerving that they try to not give you what you're paying for.

    ReplyDelete